Similar to the Maxspect Gyre flow pump, the Glamorca GP03 is capable of generating gyre type water movement within aquariums without costing an arm and a leg. A single magnetic mount makes the pump simple to install, and five controllable flow modes and programmable 24hr flow period make this pump an affordable alternative.
Wavemakers excel in making waves, while waves are spectacular to watch in motion, they are in fact moving the majority of the water vertically up and down, with relatively low horizontal movement, especially near the bottom of the aquarium. On the other hand, gyre generators excel in moving sheer flow of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The sheer flow of water is so strong that i would bounce back from the opposite site to achieve full circulation within an aquarium, ie. generating “gyre flows”.
Benefits of a Gyre Pump
- Virtually no dead spots
- Water bounces back from the other side to create a full circulation, thus generating “gyre flows”
- An evenly distributed flow rate throughout the entire aquarium
- Unique gyre flow
- Virtually eliminates dead spots
- Evenly distributed linear flow
- Discrete design
- Twin directional flow cages
- Waterproof magnet mount
- Controller with mountable cradle
- 5 flow modes
- 24 hour program cycle
- Technology licensed by Maxspect
- Flow Rate: 3000gph (approximately)
- Power Consumption: 8 watts – 40 watts
- Suitable Aquarium Sizes: 25 -100 gallons
- Power Supply Unit: 100-240V / 50-60Hz 1.5A
- Cable Length: 11 Feet (6.5ft controller to pump), 5ft (power supply to controller)
- Suitable for glass or acrylic up to a thickness of 3/4″
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.