Prodibio – AquaGrowth Soil
Out of stock
AQUAGROWTH SOIL has been hand picked by Prodibio from numerous mineral compositions. Its balanced formula allows healthy plant growth and strong root development. AQUAGROWTH SOIL is ready to use and does not need to be rinsed. A high temperature treatment (around 1200°C; 2192°F) gives AQUAGROWTH SOIL its physical properties and keeps it free from parasitic species that could contaminate the aquarium. Each granule of AQUAGROWTH SOIL (sized from 1 to 3 mm) has been compacted enough to prevent crushing, while allowing plants to grow their roots effectively. Moreover, AQUAGROWTH SOIL is porous enough to allow nitrifying bacteria to properly colonise the substrate and improve water quality.
How to use AQUAGROWTH SOIL ?
AQUAGROWTH SOIL is ready to use. It is not necessary to rinse it.
A 9 liter/Kg (2.25 Gal/317.46 Oz.) bag is suitable for a 60 liter (15 Gal) aquarium. This will allow plants to grow their roots in a soil thickness of 5
to 6 cm (2 to 2.4 inches). Using 150g (5.29 Oz.) of soil per liter (0.25 Gal) will grant the aquarium the best soil quantity needed.
1. a). Pour a height of approximately 1 cm (0.4 inch) high of dechlorinated water in the aquarium.. b). Optional: if the substrate additive
BACTERKIT SOIL from Prodibio is used, mix in the water.
2. a). Add the quantity of AQUAGROWTH SOIL needed directly in 1 cm (0.4 inch) of water. Due to its porosity, AQUAGROWTH SOIL will
entirely absorb this quantity of water. Install the aquatic layout as wished. It is advised to create elevation from the back to the front of the
aquarium. b). Optional: If the aquarium is going to host shrimps, lay the AQUASHRIMP POWDER on top of the AQUAGROWTH SOIL. The
powder texture of AQUASHRIMP POWDER will allow shrimps to lay their eggs and to keep them at the surface of the substrat. Otherwise they
may fall in between granules of AQUAGROWTH SOIL and young shrimps will encounter difficulties to climb and reach the substrate surface.
3. Add the main decoration elements (stones, aquatic wood, etc…) and install the aquatic layout as desired.
4. Add more water gently to avoid creating holes in the substrate, and breaking the aquarium design until the soil surface has been covered
5. Add plants and continue to set up the aquarium decoration until everything looks as desired.
6. Gently fill up the aquarium with more dechlorinated water. Floating of soil fragments may occur, remove them if this happens. Water may
become cloudy once the aquarium has been fully filled. Cloudiness will naturally disappear after a few hours or especially when the
filtration system has been running. If cloudiness remains, drain part of the water and refill the aquarium with clean dechlorinated water.
7. Start up the aquarium and safely introduce fish and shrimps after using Prodibio’s water treatment range for fresh water aquariums.
CHLORAL RESET will remove chlorine and chloramine from tap water, START UP will kick start the nitrogen cycle before introducing fish
or shrimps, regular addition of BIOCLEAN FRESH will maintain the water quality, BIOVERT will fertilize plants (shrimp safe) and BIOKIT
FRESH combines BIOCLEAN FRESH and BIOVERT in one box.
What is BACTERKIT SOIL?
BACTER KIT SOIL is a kit to seed an aquarium’s soil. It contains:
BACTER SOIL: includes several strains of living bacteria aimed at colonising the soil of a new aquarium.
NUTRI SOIL: nutriments needed for proper bacterial development.
Carefully selected bacteria of BACTER SOIL will install optimal biological filtration. It is recommended to use BACTER KIT SOIL with AQUAGROWTH SOIL and/or AQUASHRIMP POWDER by Prodibio. BACKER KIT SOIL is also suited for any other soil. Once the aquarium is set up, use START UP.
It is recommended to use BACTER KIT SOIL with AQUAGROWTH Soil and/or AQUASHRIMP POWDER by Prodibio. BACKER KIT SOIL is also suited for any other soil.
How to use: Pour up to 1 cm of water in the tank, add Bacter Kit Soil, mix it. Add the soil, the plants and the rest of the decor, then more water.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.